Dips and More
Successful Steps for a Profitable Fundraiser
Select a fundraising program.
Planning session. Set financial goals, fundraising time frame (we recommend 2 weeks for a fundraiser) and make sure you stick to the set time!
• Alert community about fundraiser.
• Promote fundraiser through parent letters, posters and community announcements.
• Hold a "kick-off" rally, which educates the kids on the fundraising programs, and
build enthusiasm to reach fundraising goals.
• Start the fundraiser
• Monitor progress and provide encouragement and incentives to keep the kids
• Once the fundraiser is complete, collect the order forms and money.
• Tally the results.
• Send tally form and payment to fundraising company.
• Schedule delivery date with fundraising company.
• Set time and place for student and parents to meet to pick up delivered products.
Have parents and teachers volunteer to help distribute product in an orderly fashion.
• Check for damaged products and any mis-orders and make the necessary
arrangements with the fundraising company for replacements.
• Have they student deliver their products that they sold. A personal thank you letter
by the students can't hurt.
• Enjoy the fruits of your labor and start thinking of ways on improving your next
Fundraiser Selling Tips
In addition to these selling tips, please read our
to ensure a safe fundraising experience.
• Set a starting date and closing date for your fundraiser. Two weeks is an ideal time
frame. Anything more than 2 weeks can be counter-productive.
• Clearly define the reason and goals for your fundraiser.
• Assign volunteers to help run and administer the fundraiser - especially on the day
the products arrive.
• Have each participant make a list of family and friends who may be interested in
supporting your fundraising efforts.
• Promotion and word of mouth is key. Spread the word throughout the community.
• Keep copies of all order forms for your records or for potential tax implications.
• Triple-check all monies and orders before calling in or sending your order to Dips
and More Fundraising. Trust us, this will save you a big headache if your orders
• Rely on your product fundraising company professional for suggestions and advice.
• Keep copies of all forms turned in by volunteers before sending them to the
• Keep your participants enthusiastic & have fun!